Originally posted 2008-11-23 22:36:31. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
By Jim Fusco:
Oh yes, another Jim Fusco night, another acoustic cover song music video, and yet ANOTHER “new” band to the Laptop Sessions cover songs series! I’m not even going out of my way to find these new bands to do- they just come to me.
If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out the new Cover Songs website yet, do yourself a favor and go see it! It took me many hours to complete, but now it’s fully navigable and even has a really cool Flash logo. I’m really proud of it, especially considering how many revisions it went through so I could make it perfect. Hopefully Chris can help me finish making pages for the site in the next couple of days.
I’m so excited about Christmas time right now. Today, Chris, Becky, and I went to breakfast at Bickford’s (which they both sorely needed after the thrashing they received in Trivial Pursuit last night), then went to the Eric Carle children’s book museum (which was a really nice place), and got to meet famous author Patricia MacLachlin (“Sarah, Plain and Tall”). She even signed books for us! After that, we went up to an amazing place: the Yankee Candle headquarters in South Deerfield, MA. That place is HUGE and really gets you in the Christmas spirit. Too bad the prices were so high, though. For instance, I wanted to get this great Christmas village piece of a 50s diner…but it cost $110! I don’t think I’m quite there yet, financially.
But, we had a great time and it was a perfect way to kick off my favorite time of the year. I just hope Chris and Becky had a good time, too. This week truly rules- there is simply no better week during the year. Why? Because you have EVERYTHING to look forward to! Christmas is great, but after that, it’s all over. Thanksgiving week offers plenty of fun and excitement. Here’s what I’m looking forward to:
- Monday: Normal working day, but when I get home, I’m cooking a pre-Thanksgiving dinner for Chris, Becky, Dana, and myself. Everyone always goes their separate ways on holidays, so I thought this would be my way of celebrating together. Yes, I have to cook, but at least everyone will be there! Not to mention my favorite shows are on: Boston Legal and Two and a Half Men.
- Tuesday: This day isn’t anything great, as it’s just a normal workday and I still have to go in on Wednesday. But, Becky has the day off on Wednesday, so she’ll be able to stay later, at least. Maybe we’ll go shopping!
- Wednesday: Excitement grows, as I go to work (possibly breakfast with Becky before?) and get ramped-up to leave. This night, we’ll be staying up late and having some fun!
- Thursday: Of course, Thanksgiving. I’m going to Becky’s family’s house first, then we’re both going to my parents’ house to eat. I love this holiday- it’s really so laid-back. I’ll watch some football (how about those Jets?), watch a movie, eat, sleep, and get ready for a Thanksgiving night TNA iMPACT!
- Friday: After going to bed early on Thursday (yeah, right), Chris and I will get up MASSIVELY early to go shopping on Black Friday. Not because we need to- it’s just an excuse to leave the house at 4:30! We’re meeting Alberto Distefano for our now three-year tradition. I’ll shop and hopefully get good deals, then we’ll all go to McDonald’s for some delicious egg McMuffins. After that, I’ll go to my parent’s house, where my father and I will put up lights outside until it’s lunchtime. Then, I’ll eat more fast food with him, followed by a trip to my house, where I’ll start putting up Christmas decorations and listening to the Christmas WCJM radio shows. This amazing and long day will end with my yearly tradition of watching “Christmas Vacation”- one of the best movies ever.
- Saturday: Doesn’t stop there! I’ll probably do more shopping, but we’re hoping to get the gang back together to do another radio show. I hope it works out, as it’s our last chance to do the 10th Anniversary show. We’ll see.
- Sunday: Well, they don’t call it the “day of rest” for nothing!
Wow, that’s a week. I’m so excited- I don’t know how I’m going to get to sleep tonight.
Now, FINALLY (after over 700 words), I’m onto tonight’s cover song music video:
The Steve Miller band is famous for many hit singles. “Jungle Love” is no exception, and I’m proud to bring it to the music video blog. When I first learned how to play it, I said to myself, “Man, that is really high-pitched.” Then I learned that song was even HIGHER pitched than I originally thought (a half-step up on a first-fret capo), so I had to adjust.
The result? One of my most vocal-chord-shredding, but most exciting videos ever. It only took me a couple takes to get through this one and I can’t believe I kept my wits about me to remember that whistling part at the end. I had to borrow Chris’ acoustic guitar for this one (not like he noticed anyway- he was passed out asleep in his street clothes on top of his bed) because I wanted it to be a little more “punchy” than my normal nylon-stringed videos. I love how easy the riff to this song is (basically an E to E-suspended 4th and D to D-suspended 4th on first fret capo), as I’ve always loved it. It’s funny how things work out like that. I swear that most songs I play that sound easy are the hardest and vice versa. This one always sounded so good- I couldn’t believe that it was so simple.
Well, I’ve written 1000 words for this Laptop Session post. I think that might be a first! So, sit back and enjoy the video for the 10th time now, because I’m sure it took about nine video plays to get through the reading of this post! Hey, that’s not a bad way to increase views- write longer posts and set the video to “loop”! I’ll be reaching my next YouTube video view milestone soon, so stay tuned! Enjoy the start of your week and I’ll be back again on Original Wednesday!